Monday, January 04, 2010

First Bus Fail in Freezing Weather

Here is what the First Bus website says about services for today.



Fair enough it is a Saturday timetable. So my normal bus the X1 is not running, my alternative service to work on the Calder Road is the 27/28 service. Here is what the timetable says for Saturday service.



The circled is my bus stop in Bathgate. I stood there from 6:40 this morning in readiness for the 6:52. It didn't show. Then the 7:23 didn't show. So I am now typing on the 7:53. I mean it is not like it is warm or anything.



I could have hopped on an alternative service to get me into Edinburgh, though along the Glasgow Road, but I shouldn't have had to. Both an 10 and a 16 came past me as I waiting in the vain hope that mine was just behind. There was meant to have been two buses before the one I am currently on. I would have been slightly late for work at 8am with the Saturday service as it was. Now I will be an hour late no matter what.

If and when I do get feeling back in my toes I'll let you know via twitter.

1 comment:

Jess The Dog said...

First Group - whether bus or rail - are utterly CRAP. All they care about is profits, they couldn't give a hoot about services.

My biggest disappointment with the SNP government was the failure to tackle transport and break the exploitative monopolies of Worst Group and Stagecoach.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails