Saturday, October 17, 2009

Farewell Stephen Gately


The funeral service for Stephen Gately is about to start at St Laurence O'Toole's church in the area of Dublin where he grew up.

The words of Words are possibly the most poignant Boyzone song for this time. Indeed the opening lines could almost apply to Stephen at this time:

"Smile an ever lasting smile
A smile can bring you near to me.
Don't ever let me find you gone
'Cause that would bring a tear to me.
This world, has lost its glory
Let's start a brand new story
Now my love."


So here is a rendition by the Bee Gees and Boyzone, both groups now tragically one man down.



The complete official video for Words is here but cannot be embedded.

Sky will be covering events live, though I'll be out and about campaigning.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails