Yeah it is time for the Lib Dem Blog of the year awards.
The full details are on Liberal Democrat Voice, but this year there are six awards:
- Best new Liberal Democrat blog (started since 1 September 2008)
- Best blog from a Liberal Democrat holding public office (The Tim Garden Award)
- Best use of blogging / social networking / e-campaigning by a Liberal Democrat
- Best posting on a Liberal Democrat blog (since 1st September 2008)
- Best non-Liberal Democrat politics blog
- Liberal Democrat Blog of the Year
We have until the 4th September to get our nominations in. None of the previous winners is eligible for Lib Dem Blog of the year. As Jonathan Calder says he has been shortlisted every year and never won, maybe you think that is bonkers. Charlotte Gore writes about the long time overlooked bloggers, the new starts, and the funny. Flitting around most of the top 10 eligible Lib Dem blogs on Wikio rankings and somehow manages to not mention this blog (so I let her off as she has the apostrophe in the right place on my blog this month?). Irfan Ahmed after doing everything including doorstepping other blogger's comments sections for the annual Total Politics Top Blogs Awards has now hypocritically in my opinion* ruled himself out of the running for the party run awards.
Charlotte has also tagged the whole Lib Dem Blogosphere to list their best of for the year so you dear readers can consider who to place your nominations for Best posting of the year. I was already considering doing that before being tagged and will be making a selection of my best ones over the weekend.
*In the sense that is it ok to be seen as a top Lib Dem Blogger by Iain Dale in July but not by Lib Dem Voice in August.