With the ceasefire in place the full extent of the 3 week bombardment on Gaza has now emerged.
- Half a millon people have been without water for 3 weeks.
- Huge numbers also without power
- 4,000 homes in ruins.
- Tens of thousands homeless.
- 16 health facilities and 16 ambulances damaged.
- 60 Schools damaged (including 4 used by the UN as shelters for the homeless)
- More than 1,300 Palestinains dead (that's a 100:1 ratio with the Israelis)
- Over 20,000 injured
The Palestinians are now pulling dead from the rubble of buildings. Something they couldn't start to do under the constant bombardment. But something that even after the ceasefire was subject to Israel army movements. The Israels who took hows to enter are taking days to withdraw but promise to be be done by 19:00 local time (17:00 GMT) tomororrow when Barack Obama is to be inaugurated.
There have been 20 rockets fired from Palestine into Israel since the announcement of the unilateral Israeli ceasefire. However, it is not clear by the wording from Israeli authorities whether these were before or after the actually start of the ceasefire which was some hours after the announcement. Israel responded with an air strike.